Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini


I'm not a huge fan of zucchini but I was looking for something different to try.  However, I wanted to mix up the usual grilled items. I Googled a bunch of different search parameters.  I then saw "Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini" and I was curious.  

I am happy I took the chance on this recipe.  I was concerned the garlic parmesan spread would stay a weird texture, but the Parmesan melted and it was such a delicious bite.  I want to make it again. 

The only problem is that I wasn't sure which way to cut the zucchini. The spread was a bit annoying to apply. 
Recipe adapted from user: "AngieItaliano", HERE
 
Ingredients:
  • 3 tablespoons of butter
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes (I used dried)
  • 3 zucchini
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese


Slice the zucchini into your choice of pieces: round slices or flat pieces (half it, then slice the halves lengthwise).

Melt the 3 tablespoons of butter (20 seconds in the microwave). Mince the garlic. Put both into a small bowl.  Add the Parmesan cheese.  Don't forget the parsley, like I almost did!
 
If the zucchini is thick, spend additional time grilling it to soften the zucchini. 

Once all pieces are ready, start spreading the Parmesan spread onto the flattest side of the zucchini.  Quickly place the pieces with the spread facing up.  Once the spread was bubbling and creamy looking - put them on a serving plate and let them sit for 5 minutes before serving. 

Boy were they delicious!

Comments

Popular Posts