Crock-Pot Black Bean Soup

 
Who doesn't love an easy meal to throw together in the morning and coming home to an already made dinner? 
 
This is an especially great soup to serve on a cold rainy day.

I found the recipe at A Year of Slow Cooking blog, the specific recipe can be found here.
 
I do have a couple of things to add about this recipe:
My personal opinion of it is that it was not as flavorful as I would like.  Justin did enjoy it though.  I enjoy flavorful food and this was not my favorite.  I have made it before but for some reason I think I enjoyed it the first time better.   Although, I think the problem is I didn't add a variety of vegetables like I did the first time.  And I'm not a huge fan of soups. 
 
It's hard to turn away an easy recipe though.  It was filling and wasn't horrible, just wasn't flavorful.  I like spicy to be spicy, sweet to be sweet and soup to be savory. LOL. 
 
The saving grace was when I added about 4 packets of Taco Bell Mild Sauce to my bowl of soup, with cheese, dollop of sour cream and chiptotle cheddar salad topping tostitos.  After that, it was delicious. HAHA.  I have nothing to lie about, I enjoy my condiments.

 
 

 
 
 
  • 3 cans of black beans
  • your choice of stewed tomatoes
  • 2 cups of chicken broth
  • 1 1/2 to 2 cups of diced vegetables
  • 2 to 4 tablespoons of taco sauce (can also use Taco Bell packets if you don't have Taco sauce)
  • Toppings:
    • cheese
    • sour cream
    • crunchy topping (tostitos or crackers)

This recipe is very simple to make right before you go to work in the morning. Dice up the vegetables (or use diced version from the freezer). Do not drain any of the cans. Put black beans, stewed tomatoes, chicken brother, vegetables into the crock pot. Add the taco sauce to the pot and stir ingredients.

Turn the slow cooker on Low and keep it cooking for at least 8 hours and up to 10. Serve with your favorite condiments.

Popular Posts