Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes



So I am not one to try and fix something that isn't broke, however, Justin isn't quite a fan of sloppy joes. And for our hectic schedules, it's like an ideal item to be in the rotation.  You'll hear me mention this "Dinner Ideas" group that I'm on in Facebook, and one of my friends keeps mentioning Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes..... so I thought I would try it... boy I am happy I did!
 
I did actually "watch the clock" on this recipe, and it took the entire time it takes for tater tots to bake in a preheated oven (about 25 minutes (add an additional 10 minutes, so 35, just to be safe).

However, I should add - you're quite busy for those 25 minutes. Thank God for Sesame Street, bowl of grapes and a bottle of juice, plus random playing on our tablet -- because I don't know if I would have been as successful if Joshy needed my undivided attention. Do I use TV as a baby sitter? I'd like to think of it as more of a distraction with him, otherwise I would never have dinner done. Besides, I can see the back of his head as he watches the TV.  So no it's not a baby sitter. 

I really don't know how I do it. On a normal day for our family, I don't really get time to sit down and relax until Josh is in bed. Normal days are when Justin is in school/studying and I have basically full parent responsibilities and I can't escape for a minute not even to the bathroom, without having an audience. I am looking forward to this summer because most days when Justin isn't mountain biking, we will be able to take breaks and get more things done by sharing parenting duties. I better not get used to it though, because we are having baby #2 in September, and if you've every had an infant you know your whole schedule revolves around baby. And then add a very active nature-loving adrenaline junky toddler on top, and all hell will break loose.

But I wouldn't change it for the world. I am one lucky girl to be surrounded by very loving men.



These are my sous chefs, actually more like my janitors - they make great vacuums! Bubbles (on the left) and Buddy (on the right) are always ready to help me in the kitchen!
 

Comments

Popular Posts