BBQ Chicken Bubble Up Bake


So.... we ended up switching the menu up a bit.  A lot a bit, actually. I tried to stick to it. I promise I tried.  I seriously tried.  But then in reality, I didn't stick to it. So we made the BBQ Chicken Bubble Up Bake on Thursday versus Wednesday.  We also did not make the jalapeno cream cheese stuffed chicken tonight and went to a Mexican restaurant.  We would have had the chicken, if Joshy wasn't so cute and cuddly --- so cute and cuddly, in fact, that I fell asleep holding him while he watched Sesame Street.  Thank you Elmo and Cookie Monster for the 30 minute nap (until Justin got home).

Anyway, on to this delicious recipe.  Justin approves of it.  As he was eating it, and saying "this is good" or "this is a keeper".  You probably wonder if he will eat anything under the sun --- he probably would in order to survive as long as what he eats wouldn't kill him.   But he has in fact turned down multiple recipes of mine... he is such a nice guy that he will pretend that he's eating it by pushing it around his plate -- until I noticed his amount wasn't getting any smaller.  That's when I ask the infamous "What do you think?"  Silence.   That's a bad bad sign.  "So that bad huh?"  Him:  "It's not you, it's the recipe."  Me: "It sounds like you want the recipe to break up with me."  Him:  "Well I just don't feel like it's working out between us and the recipe.  It needs to go back where you found it."  End of story. That's how Justin works.  He is a thinker.  He is a great example of think before you talk.  If he says something, it's either sarcastic/funny/quirky or it's an opinion/response/answer that has been thoroughly analyzed in his head.

Me, I'm a talker.  Obviously. Haha. I think most nights I carry on the conversation with him, and I do all the talking.  However, he is a listener.  So if I try to pull the "You aren't even listening" nag, he will be able to recite the entire story verbatim.  How the heck he does that - I have no clue. But he listens, which as you can tell is probably a good thing because he can barely get a word in edge wise. LOL.

Anyway, I highly encourage this recipe.  It's delicious.  It's a quick enough meal to give you time with the family. It's only 5 ingredients.

What are you waiting for......

Click here for the delicious recipe! 


Popular Posts