Crockpot Sticky Chicken





This picture doesn't do it justice. Just puttin' that out there. This is a fall off the bone kind of chicken that has a kick! Although I enjoy finding crock-pot/slow cooker recipes that are 8 hours for those weekday meals while I'm at work...this is a guilty pleasure for the weekend. Throw it in late morning, enjoy it in the evening. Yummy.

The recipe is based off of the seasonings from Roast Sticky Chicken-Rotisserie Style, thanks to Sue Rogers at Allrecipes.com. However, I don't exactly remember who or where I found the idea of using the slow cooker - it may have been in the reviews of that same recipe. I prefer to make this recipe in the crock-pot, because it just seems safer than having to baby sit the oven - and I've always had a better turnout with the crock-pot version.

Whenever you're dealing with raw chicken, I encourage you to have enough paper towel handy for all the hand washing you should be doing. With this recipe it's best to rinse the chicken and remove the giblets/innards from the inside of the chicken. If the chicken comes with a thermometer or the things that pop when it's done - I always remove them. Never left them in when making this recipe, don't know what happens if you do.

So Justin decided to make pretzels when Joshy and I were celebrating my nephew's 7th birthday(where has the time gone?!?) on Saturday night....which meant my clean kitchen now looked like this(after I moved all the dirty dishes out of the sink):


Yep, this is what the one corner of my kitchen looks like. I rarely ever have a dish free sink, unfortunately. What can I say - it's my life now with a toddler. I have higher priorities than always making sure every single dish is clean. Eek, did I just admit that here? Oh well, I'm human and besides I hate doing dishes.


Click here for the delicious recipe!

Comments

  1. It is truely scrumptious! Chris was allowed in our kitchen (my husband doesn't let anyone in HIS kitchen!) just after we brought our newborn daughter home from the hospital, this chicken seriously falls off the bone and melts in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts