Microwaved Brown Sugar Carrots


When I was growing up, I hated cooked carrots.  Like hated them.  I remember this one time I was made to sit at the table until like bedtime because I couldn't stand them.

Now... well now, I have learned to appreciate them.  I'm not going to lie,
I usually make the freezer steamable veggies for side dishes for dinner ---but I recently bought too many baby carrots and wanted to use them up before they went bad.  So I found this gem of a recipe on Pinterest, HERE.

I wanted something that didn't really require me to babysit but just enough to make them delicious.

Recommendations; Add a sprinkle of brown sugar on the top when you microwave the carrots the first time.

Results: I enjoyed the sweetness and the easiness.  Justin was not a fan.  He said they were the weird chewy type of carrot which I think is a result of the microwave.  So I will be doing caramelized carrots in the pan next time.  Live and learn!

Ingredients:

1 bag of baby carrots
3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
4 Tablespoons butter (half a stick)
1 Tablespoons water
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I totally forgot this and it was still delicious!)

  1. Mix the everything but the carrots in a microwave safe serving dish.  Heat in the microwave for 1 minute and then combine. 
  2. Stir the carrots slowly into the mix (I sprinkled addtl brown sugar on top) and cook for 8 minutes.  Stir the carrots again and microwave for another 4 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through.  
  3. Set aside to let the temperate reduce as you can burn your mouth!  

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts