Easy Jambalaya Rice & Sausage


I have been meaning to post the next 2 recipes for the last two days, but I was distracted working on my new website (still in progress so can't share at the moment) and then last night Justin and I watched a movie. It's really nice having him home and not have to worry about school.

So I am learning that creating a website from scratch is not as easy as I thought. Therefore I spent most of the night working on it - and not on the posts that I originally wanted to post. But alas, you are a much higher priority than the website so therefore these meals must be shared!

Remember I am a career mom, meaning I work out of the house and my son (soon to be sons) go to day care during the day. So, I don't always have time, patience or energy to make creative meals. But just because they may not be "creative" doesn't mean they can't be easy or delicious or BOTH! In fact, this recipe is on the back of the Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix box, that's how easy it is. You know if a company is going to spend real estate on a recipe - it must be good and easy and short.

Thanks to my brother-in-law, Aaron (Justin's brother) - I was introduced to this ridiculously good meal. In fact, it's pretty much a staple in our house because if you don't make it that day or within the week - the pre-cooked sausage will be good in the 'frig until the expiration date (I think on mine it said 7/14/14). And boxed rice can sit for months, maybe even years. If we were in The Walking Dead (zombie tv series), I'd be carrying the box of rice with me in my backpack, just sayin'.

Popular Posts