Steak Bites


Sometimes when we buy steak for the grocery store, it comes in a package of 4 and since we've been eating better(ignore the tater tots in the picture above - lol), we freeze 2 of the steaks for a later time.  I'm not a HUGE fan of freezing steak because I feel like it makes the steak funky.... but because it saves us money I put this feeling aside. 

Being that grill season is wrapping up and the chilly days are here, we had at least one steak meal a week.... but then I hit a wall and was sick of the same grilled steak.  So, my favorite blogger, Holly(Life in the Lofthouse) posted this recipe at around the same time I had thawed the final steak from the freezer.  And then I knew it was meant to be for me to try. 

I've not been disappointed by her recipes. So I knew this could be a winner and I had all of the ingredients in my house.

Recommendations: Make sure the steak is cut into bite size pieces.  Do not pour the contents of the bag into the skillet, grab some kitchen pinchers and place the meat in carefully so you don't burn yourself and so the meat gets a crisp texture on the outside. This batch quickly filled with liquid in the pan which defeated my goal of getting the grilled texture.  I added more Worcestershire sauce because Worcestershire sauce is to me as garlic is to others. I love it.

Results: It was a delicious way to spice up the usual steak meal.

1.5 lbs steak, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium would be better)
1/4 - 1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3 Tablespoons dried basil
2 Tablespoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon black pepper
 
Combine all the ingredients other than the steak into a Ziploc bag. Close bag and squish ingredients so they mix.  Open up bag and add the steak.  Mix the ingredients so the steak gets covered with sauce.  Let it sit for 1 hour or I did 24 hours.
 
Heat up a large skillet on HIGH.  Slowly put the steak into the pan but leave the marinade in the bag. Stir the steak as it cooks. Cook the steak for 3 minutes (TOTAL) for medium-well, and 4 minutes for well.
 
Serve hot, and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts