Copy Cat PF Chang's Lettuce Wrap


All right.... this is a winner. The flavor was amazing. It reminded me a little bit of the Korean Beef I've made before and even Justin thought it was the Korean Beef. But this didn't have a sweet flavor, more of a spicy but deeper taste.



Recommendations: Serve it on freshly served boston/butter leaf lettuce.  I'd say chop the water chestnuts into smaller pieces, but that is more work. LOL.  I modified the original recipe to include the changes I made.

Results:  Oh my.  This was so delicious and flavorful.  It was very filling and I was very happy with the meal. I will be making it again.  Justin raved about it.

There is one caveat this recipe required me purchasing additional sauces I don't normally carry.  So the investment initially can be a bit pricey, but I'll be able to use the sauces for many more batches.

Recipe adapted from my favorite: Life in the Lofthouse


 Ingredients:
1 lbs. ground chicken (or your favorite meat)
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup of diced onion (white; I used yellow)
1/2 cup hoisin sauce (this stuff is delicious!)
4 tablespoons of soy sauce (low sodium could work; I used normal soy and just didn't additional salt at the end)
2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of grated ginger (I used dry)
a good squirt (~1 tablespoon) of Sriracha sauce (I added a bit too much but it was delicious!)
1 small (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and optional, chopped1 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced
1 head boston/butter lettuce

Add oil to a large skillet and heat on HIGH. Once oil is hot, add chicken slowly and crumble. Once chicken is cooked through, add the onion, garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, Sriracha and ginger.  Stir and let cook until the onions soften and are flexible.

Wash your lettuce head, remove the leaves carefully and pat dry with a towel.  Serve with a scoop of this delicious meat mixture and enjoy! You can thank me later. :)


Comments

Popular Posts