Baked Honey Lime Tacos


Well we had to have tacos for National Taco day, and it happened to be Taco Tuesday!  We "splurged" on having taco shells as we usually only eat it with lettuce...save the calories.  This recipe comes from my favorite blog to follow, Life in the Lofthouse.

Recommendations: I highly recommend getting a rotisserie chicken or prebaking the chicken as this cost me a lot of time. It's an additional 40 minutes of prep if you don't.  And today was beautiful weather so I took the kids to the park (they rode their bikes and I walked), so I didn't think this through. LOL. It was about 7:30 when we got to eat. Being that it's tacos, we should have been eating by 6:30... so this recipe and I didn't start off on the right foot...

If you do bake the chicken, cover it in taco seasoning!

Results:  I loved having baked the taco meat and cheese in with the taco.  The flavor of the honey lime was all right, but I think I would enjoy the Chicken Ranch Tacos baked.  The pepper jack cheese was a must.

Ingredients:
1 lbs. filleted chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 pkg (10 tacos) stand n stuff
1- 2 cup shredded pepper jack
sides: 
1 roma tomato, diced
1 jalapeno, sliced (do not remove seeds)
1 small bag of shredded lettuce
1 avocado, sliced
1 small can of sliced olives

Preheat oven to 400°F and bake chicken (sprinkled with taco seasoning) for 20 to 30 minutes (until temps to 165°F). While it's baking, mix the seasonings, honey and lime juice together in a medium size bowl. 

Once the chicken is cooked through, chop it up and add it to the mix. Put the taco shells in a 9 x13 and add the chicken.  Cover the chicken with the cheese and bake for about 5 to 7 minutes. 

 Serve with the sides and sour cream. ENJOY!

Comments

Popular Posts