3 Seasonings Packet - Roast {Slow Cooker}



Today, my best friend Jenny and I went to see the new Nicholas Sparks movie (The Choice).  Her and I try to get out a few times a month without the kids, to enjoy a little R&R.  She ended up inviting the kids and I (while poor Justin worked on remodeling our bathroom) to the local mall and aquarium. So, today was a perfect day for a slow cooker meal.


I've had a lot of success with slow cooker meals lately.  Dani, one of my other best friends, highly recommended this recipe - so I thought why not! I had usually made roasts with the typical rump roast surrounded by onions, baby carrots and chopped potatoes - topped with onion packet and some water.

But this... this was a new idea.  Make a roast with only water and 3 packets of seasoning (and veggies optional).  So I made it without veggies.

Results: WOW, I found my new way of enjoying roast.  Thanks to Dani for sharing this gem of a recipe --- it's going to be well loved and a new recipe in our list of must dos!  I tried an English cut today and it was perfect.  I don't doubt we would have any issues with the usual rump roast, but English cut was perfect amount for us.

OH ONE MORE THING --- The liquid that was in the crock after we pulled the roast out, we used as gravy.  DELICIOUS!

Advice:  Since we were seeing a morning movie (typical mom move haha), I asked Justin to prep this around noon (since it calls to be a 6 hour recipe) - but I would recommend to even push it up to 8 to 10 hours (especially the thicker the meat).

Ingredients:


  • English Roast or Rump Roast
  • 1 packet of brown gravy seasoning
  • 1 packet of italian dressing seasoning
  • 1 packet of ranch dressing seasoning
Directions:
  1. Pour half a cup of water in the bottom of your 4 quart sized slow cooker.
  2. Place the roast into the crock pot. 
  3. Mix the 3 seasoning packets. 
  4. Place mix on top of roast.
  5. Put lid on, and let it cook on LOW for 6 to 10 hours (or High 3 to 6).
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts