Deep Dish Taco Pizza



Mexican never gets old.  Always fun to try new recipes.  This is filled with my favorite taco meat and nacho veggies, on top of delicious biscuit dough.



Recommendations: With any Mexican dish, I recommend having delicious veggies available for topping. There have been other taco pizza recipes that require pre-baking the crust. With this, you do not have to.

Results:  It's good.  But it's not my favorite taco pizza.  I like the taco pizza with actual pizza crust.  It's just a preference though.

Ingredients:
1 can refrigerated biscuits
1 lbs. ground beef (I used chicken)
1 package of taco seasoning
1 cup of Mexican shredded cheese

sides:
shredded lettuce
avocado, sliced
roma tomato, diced
sliced olives
jalapenos, sliced

Preheat oven to 400°F.  In a pie dish (not pan), generously cover it with cooking spray (to prevent biscuits from sticking). 

Prepare your Mexican meat. I usually brown it and then add diced onions.  Once the onions are cooked through add taco seasoning (plus oregano and cumin) and black beans.

Open the can of biscuits, carefully pull them apart and start to press them into the pan one by one until it forms a pie crust.  I flattened them as I stretched them.  I put the meat mixture on top and put it in the oven for 10 minutes.  Make sure the crust is starting to turn gold brown and then top with cheese and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Be careful not to burn the crust. 

Serve with all of your favorite toppings and enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts