Introducing.....


It's been a month since my last post...and we've been sort of busy. *smile*  I never knew I could have so much love in my life.  As you can see above, we had our baby boy just a little over a week ago and it's been amazing.

I was so busy freaking out about parenting 2 kids, but it's turned out to be much easier than I could ever imagine.  Of course, it's not always going to be easy --- but just like parenthood it's about survival.

I am fortunate to be able to have the first 12 weeks off with Caleb.  So, I will do my best to post to the blog as much as I can.  I actually have a backlog of recipes to share with you but just did not have time or energy while pregnant. 

A little history about the name, I initially found the name Caleb in a romance novel and added it to the name list.  In fact, it was the first name I had on the list.  But before I presented my list to Justin, I knew the names had to be good and if possible, have a deep meaning (which is important for both of us).  So I started doing research...skip forward to the selling point... I simply googled Joshua and Caleb, and Google listed a bunch of bible references.  (By the way, I try not to discuss religion in life, and especially in my blog, as we all have our own personal believes. ) To sum it up, Joshua and Caleb were the 2 spies under Moses that did not go along with the majority of opinions about the Promised Land but stood by their own believes.  They ended up being the only 2 spies to survive out of 40 and they did make it to the Promised Land.

I want my Joshua and Caleb, to stand up for what they believe in no matter what the rest of the world thinks.  I also want them to have each other's backs through thick and thin.  So after reading about the story of Joshua and Caleb, I knew that this could be the name.

Now Caleb's middle name doesn't have as much historical importance but memorable.  Robin was my mom's name.  She passed away July 2013, right before I got pregnant with Caleb.  Many people probably assume that I selected the name Robin for obvious reasons. However, since I had found the name Caleb, I asked Justin to select the middle name.  I only said "If I truly hate the name you pick, I will veto it."  When I asked him the next day about what name he would want, he said "Robin."  And I said, "Are you sure?  You don't have to feel pressured to do it."   He said, "I am sure."  

I said "Why do you want to use the name other than because it was my mom's name?"  And he goes "I liked your mom and I miss her."

And that folks is one of MANY reasons why I love him.


By the way, I am recovering very well after my c-section.  The usual pains but I'm a tough "old" bird.  (Yeah, I'm using the word old.  Ever since I complained to my OB about the belly not shrinking after delivery, she said "With 2nd baby and getting older, it takes longer." )

I hope to get to posts in the next couple of weeks. 

Love ya all!

Comments

Popular Posts