Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Gravy


I love Slow Cooker meals.  I find I enjoy using them over the weekend more than on a work day.  Probably because during the week, I know I have to work and I know dinner has to be made but on weekends I want to be laaaazy.  Ha, I say I want to be lazy but
we're so busy on the weekends making up for lost time that I don't want to be locked down in the kitchen making dinner, missing out on crucial time playing with my kids.

I was going to make a delicious 3-Season Slow Cooker Roast.  However, my assumption that I had the 3 packets of seasonings --- was wrong. LOL.  So I had to find another way to make my roast for today (we have ate out a lot this weekend, so I wanted to cook in for dinner).  I searched through my kitchen and pantry and all I could find was 
  • 5 sealed boxes of dry onion soup mix (10 packets total) - who needs this much???
  • a box of ranch dressing seasoning packets
  • too many containers of chicken/beef bouillion cubes ---I don't remember the last time I used them
  • number of cream of (pick your favorite) in the pantry

I may be a great cook and I'd love to take credit for this recipe but alas ... Thanks to good ole' Google, I searched "slow cooker roast dry onion soup" and this promising recipe showed up, Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Recommendations:  Cook the veggies separate from this pot roast, the extra liquid may throw off the gravy.  Do not add any additional liquid, the liquid from the meat will mix with the gravy.  Serve on egg noodles, mashed potatoes or even rice. The roast I used was partially thawed from the freezer, I was concerned but it cooked perfectly!

Results: This was awesome.  Since we got to sleep, I didn't get it cooking til about 9:30 but we enjoyed it by 5:45.  It was yummy.  The kids ate 2 servings of it! They kept asking for more.  They also enjoyed lapping up the gravy that came out of this recipe too.  It went perfect with my Garlic Mashed Potatoes.

All right, enjoy chattin'  - let's get to the good stuff:

Ingredients:

1 4 to 6 lbs pot roast
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
1 packet of dry onion soup mix
1 1/4 cups of water

In a 6 quart, place the meat slowly on the bottom.  In a medium bowl, mix the 3 last three ingredients together and add to the top of the meat.  Cover and cook on LOWfor 8 to 9 hours (or HIGH for 3 to 4).  

Serve the meat covered with gravy on top of mashed potatoes or egg noodles, and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts